Real Madrid manager Carlo Ancelotti has confirmed that Eden Hazard will be in the club’s plans for next season.
The Belgium international joined Los Blancos from Chelsea in a record-breaking £103 million transfer in 2019. He has subsequently failed to establish himself due to a series of ailments.
He has only made 60 appearances for the club so far, but he recently demonstrated his quality by scoring a late extra-time winner against Elche in the Copa Del Rey last 16 round.
On Sunday afternoon, Los Blancos will play Elche again in La Liga. Ancelotti said before of the game that Hazard may make the starting lineup.
He said: “Tomorrow is a good day to play Hazard from the start and I hope it’s a good game for him.”
Meanwhile, when pressed on his future with Madrid, Ancelotti insisted that the former Blues star will stay with the club beyond this summer’s transfer window.
He added: “Hazard is in our plans for the next season, I can confirm.”
Hazard was a fantastic match winner for Chelsea. He had seven magnificent years with the club, scoring 110 goals and assisting 92 times in 352 appearances across all competitions.
The Belgian departed with the best of intentions from the west London giants, but things have since gone wrong for him due to injury. He has been out of the game for almost 450 days. This has fueled rumours that the 31-year-old might be moved on a cheap contract so that the club can get him off their payroll before the 2022/23 season.
Hazard’s departure speculations have finally been debunked by Ancelotti. The forward has been a regular on the bench, but his game-winning goal against Elche might be a watershed moment for him.
He has the chance to cement a starting role with regular goal contributions. His ability with the ball at his feet has never been doubted.
- Top 5 tallest Real Madrid players: Tallest Real Madrid players of all time!
- Real Madrid transfers January 2022: Top 3 Real Madrid players to be sold in January 2022